Area: Clinical Psychology
PhD: Allameh Tabataba’I University, Tehran, Iran, 2003
Office: D-302 Science Building
Office Phone: 718-997-3245
Lab: D-302 Science Building
Lab Phone: 718-997-3245
- Malaysian Journal of Health Sciences.
- Journal of Learning Disabilities, Iran
- Journal of School Psychology, Iran.
- Global Journal of Anthropology Research Sage Open
- Member of the American Psychological Association
- Member of the Eastern Psychological Association
Current Research Activities
- Similarities and differences between misophonia and obsessive compulsive and related disorders.
- Obsessive compulsive personality and perfectionism in misophonia.
- Factors associated with psychosis proneness.
- Factors mediating the association between social anxiety and depression.
Recent Publications & Presentations
- Shamsina, N., Carvey, K., Amcheta, A., Sanchez, O., & Barahmand, U. (2021). Attitudes toward interpersonal affective touch, cognitive biases and social anxiety. Paper accepted for presentation at the 2021 Convention of the Association for Psychological Science (APS).
- Barahmand, U., Stalias, M., Rotlevi, E., & Xiang, Y. (2020). The New York Misophonia Screener: A New Instrument to Identify Misophonia in the General Population. Poster presented at the Annual Convention of the Eastern Psychological Association (EPA 2020).
- Barahmand, U., Stalias, M., Rotlevi, E., & Xiang, Y. (2020). Misophonia: A Case for Mental Contamination? Paper presented at the Annual Convention of the Eastern Psychological Association (EPA 2020).
- Barahmand, U., & Khoramdel, K. (2020). Heritability and Overlap of Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders and Illness Anxiety Disorder: Findings from a Twin Study. Poster presented at the Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association (APA 2020).
- Tahazadeh, S., Barahmand, U., Yaghooti, F., & Nazari, M. (2020). Mind Reading in Films Task to Assess Social Cognitive Deficits in Autism Spectrum Conditions. Journal of Evidence-Based Psychotherapies, 20 (2), 79-100.
- Sadeghi, M., Barahmand, U., & Roshannia, S. (2019). Differentiation of Self and Hope Mediated by Resilience: Gender Differences. Canadian Journal of Family and Youth / Le Journal Canadien de Famille et de La Jeunesse, 12(1), 20–43. https://doi.org/10.29173/cjfy29489